The Interview

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

I decided to conduct an interview with a fellow friend in order to achieve receiving an outsider perspective on their thoughts on Doubles & Doppelgangers, more importantly, concerning issues on identity within society, conformity, and social media.

Name: Asked to Remain Anonymous

High School Background: Private Catholic School Located in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Socio-Economic Status: Mid-Upper Class

College: St. Louis University

Gender: Female

Do you believe Instagram is a better or worst contribution to our society?

"I can both sides. Worst because it can make people insecure and aids popularity. But better, because you can stay in touch with people from all around the world, and a good artistic platform."

Do you believe the internet has made us more resourceful or more dependent on easier connections to information?

"More dependent because it is easier to get information and doesn't require kids to try as hard."

Has social media impacted you in a good or bad way? How?

"For me, a good way. I like to see people's updates and keep in touch with loved ones."

What is your favorite thing about social media?  What's your least?

"My favorite thing is how easy it is to get in touch with people or to meet new people, and my least favorite is how it can really increase insecurity with people and even mental issues."

Describe this society in one sentence.

"This society is a bunch of insecure people either trying to help themselves feel better or to put other people down to make them feel better."

Do you ever feel like you need to conform? If so, how?

"Yeah, in some ways. Like literally yesterday, I noticed that I hadn't shave my legs in a while. It really grossed me out but I wonder why since boys has leg hairs and leg hair isn't unnatural. Women are told what to look like."

What physical materialistic things do you consider to represent your identity?

"I represent myself through my music even if it's not completely physical. I feel like the lyrics a lot of times speak my emotions and I really like meaningful songs with purpose."

Comments

Popular Posts